- Resists inversion more than taping, yet normal flexion is virtually unrestricted.
- It is perhaps the most widely used brace in orthopedics.
- Patented Duplex Aircell system are pre-inflated to enhance circulation and reduce swelling.
- Anatomically contoured shells conform closely to the ankle with minimal bulk in the shoe.
- Durable; guaranteed to last as long as required for the patient.
Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace
The Aircast Air-Stirrup ankle brace is commonly worn immediately after injuring your ankle and throughout recovery because it helps accelerate rehabilitation. Since 1978, the Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace has been the brace the medical community has turned to for the functional management of ankle injuries. Functional management means wearing the brace enables you to continue your daily activities while recovering from your injury. The Aircast Air-Stirrup has been cited in over 100 medical journals for its superior performance in helping to heal ankle injuries.
It is the patented Duplex™ air cell system that makes the Air-Stirrup so successful at treating severe ankle injuries like third degree ankle sprains. This exclusive system incorporates two pre-inflated overlapping air cells (distal and proximal), that provide support and produce graduated compression when walking around. The compression helps reduce edema, the swelling that is caused by fluid trapped in your body’s tissues, as well helping to accelerate rehabilitation.
Small Ankle Brace 8.7″ (22 cm)
Training (Medium) Ankle Brace 9.0″ (23 cm)
Standard (Large) Ankle Brace 10.5″ (27 cm)
|Dimensions||11.6 × 4.6 × 3 in|
Small, Medium, Large